Startup Award 2019 - An amazing start for a female entrepreneur
After the smashing success of last year’s Startup Awards, TEDxAmsterdamWomen in 2019 once again offer a stage to inspiring and high-potential startups. Our annual Startup Award for female entrepreneurs offers promising startups the opportunity to pitch their company in front of a jury of experts, investors, advisers and members of the press. The winner will receive expert advice from professionals for a year, have the chance to meet a myriad of potential investors and enjoy a business trip to Hong Kong. Entrepreneurial women who have been working for at least a year on bringing their business idea to fruition can apply up until Monday, August 12.
Startup Award offers a dream start to female entrepreneurs
This TEDxAmsterdamWomen initiative is now a well-known phenomenon within the Dutch startup landscape. Marian Spier, founder of TEDxAmsterdamWomen: “In recent years the Startup Award has become one of the most important prizes for starting female entrepreneurs in the Netherlands. There are so many great initiatives and with the Startup Award we want to stimulate entrepreneurship in the Netherlands. We especially want to offer women a chance to turn their dreams and ideas into successful companies”.
Diem Do won last year’s Startup Award with Code Gorilla.
Attend the Startup Award
Are you a (young) professional or budding entrepreneur who is looking for inspiration and mentorship? Or are you just generally interested in watching the events unfold? Well, you are welcome to join our events! Please note: limited number of spaces are available, and registration is mandatory. More info on how to attend will be shared soon.
Criteria for the startups:
- World improving idea with sustainable impact on target group
- Scalable business
- Clear financial business model
- Clear marketing model to grow from startup to scale-up
- Can show traction, so idea has already been proven to be successful
- Website is live
- At least one female founder who should pitch
- At least one year and a maximum of three years since you started setting up your company
- Startup must be registered in the Netherlands
Winner prize package:
- Business Class return ticket Amsterdam-Hong Kong from Cathay Pacific Airways to attend the StartmeupHK Festival
- A personalised meeting programme whilst in Hong Kong, organised by InvestHK (to make business contacts and meet potential investors)
- One-on-one financial coach from ABN AMRO
- One year of executive coaching
Selection process & agenda
September 4: Startup Award Pitch Day
At this first pitch day a jury will select out of all 25 candidates, 10 startups that go to the Startup Award at the 26th of September. One startup will receive a wildcard and become candidate #11 at the Startup Award. During the day we also offer the candidates 4 coaching sessions in the afternoon.
Location: The Circle at ABN AMRO in Amsterdam
September 25/26: Startup Award Semi Finals
D-day! The ‘Battle of the 11’ Out of this 11 startups 3 finalists will be chosen that go to the final on the main event in December.
Location: The Garage, Deloitte Digital’s head office in Amsterdam
December 9: TEDxAmsterdamWomen 2019
On the prestigious TEDxAmsterdamWomen stage the three finalists will give their personal TEDtalk. The jury will select the winner out of these three finalists.
You can sign up until the 12th of August. Click on the button below to fill in the sign up form. Good luck!