Startup Award 2018 - An amazing start for a female entrepreneur
In its fourth year and counting, our annual Startup Award is back!
TEDxAmsterdam Women will once again offer a stage to inspiring and high-potential female-led startups. On September 3, 2018 twenty five promising entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their idea in front of a jury of specialists, investors, press and consultants. It’s a chance for startups to showcase their idea(s), garner feedback, and generate awareness.
Be a guest at the pre-selection round
Don’t want to enter the competition but still interested in attending? You are very welcome! Watch the events unfold on September 3rd and even get involved in our workshops, on the same day, hosted by ABN AMRO, Deloitte, Facebook, Clifford Chance and Amsterdam Capital Week.
Please note – capacity is limited and registration is mandatory. Sign up for our newsletter and keep an close eye on our social channels to be the first to know when registration for 2018 opens up!
Background information & agenda
Criteria for the startups:
- At least one year and a maximum of three years since you started setting up your company
- World improving idea with sustainable impact on target group
- Scalable business with a strong team
- Clear financial business model
- Clear marketing model to grow from startup to scale-up
- Can show proven track record, so idea has already been proven to be successful
- Up and running website is live
Winner prize package:
- One-on-one financial coaching from ABN AMRO
- Business coaching from Deloitte
- Business trip to Hong Kong to meet investors and gain access to key Startup community in Hong Kong. Program is facilitated by Cathay Pacific, Invest HK and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- One year of executive speaker coaching from Barbara Rogoski (Senior TEDx coach)
- More prizes to be announced!
Selection process & agenda
September 3rd: Pitch Day
Out of all the submissions, 25 candidates will be picked to pitch their idea on September 3rd. During this first pitch day, a six-member jury will select 10 startups who will make it to the semi-finals. An 11th candidate will be chosen by the audience. During the day we will also offer workshops. These workshops will be offered by ABN AMRO, Facebook, Clifford Chance, Deloitte and Amsterdam Capital Week.
Location: The Circl at ABN AMRO, Amsterdam
September 24th: Semi-Finals - The Battle of 11
D-day! The ‘Battle of the 11’. The 11 semi-finalist startups will battle it out for one of the three finalist spots at the Grand Final on December 6, 2018.
Location: The Edge, Deloitte’s head office, Amsterdam
December 6th: TEDxAmsterdamWomen main event 2018
On the prestigious TEDxAmsterdamWomen stage, three finalists will give their personal TEDtalk. The jury will then select the winner of the TEDxAmsterdamWomen Startup Award 2018.